Tuesday, August 22, 2006

gimmeyourstuff

Actually, the main reason I am starting this blog is because I also want to join gimmeyourstuff and start sending goodies to you and receiving parcels with goodies from all over the world - it's such a nice idea! I just hope there is somebody out there fancying stuff from Germany!!
So, let me know!
To contact me, please leave a comment and/or email me at ckebel (at) gmx.de

The name of the blog already gives you a hint: I am really into Japanese crafts. I can spend hours drooling over pictures of craft books posted on flickr, everything is sooo beautiful! I do envy all of you living and working in Japan...
But I also like all those nice patchwork fabrics from the US and Scandinavian cottons - I guess it's obvious that I am completely crazy about sewing, knitting and crafting ;-))

But what would you get from Berlin / Germany?
* craft supplies, e.g. we do have great wool, also felting supplies (wool roving), embroidery floss
* a cut of an Indian saree
* sweets - we do have yummy chocolates, wine gums ...
* spices (also Indian! Cinnamon sticks or powder!) and other cooking or baking stuff
* herbal teas like peppermint or camomille
* German papers or magazines, small children's books
* handmade soap from India
* you name it, I'll try to get it!

I would love to receive:
* craft supplies obviously, e.g. fabrics, buttons, trims, preferably from Japan, Scandinavia, GB or USA (new and vintage)
* craft books / magazines from Japan (e.g. little sewing projects, sewing w/ linen, nuigurumi, zakka, felting)
* origami paper with patterns
* whatever else you may think of...

P.S. I am adding pix of some of the books that I am looking for. So in case you have one and don't need it anymore or you can easily get them, let's swap!! Can't seem to be able to upload a picture of this book - my absolute favourite! Plus the following...



P.P.S. In the future I will only send packages weighing up to 1 kg because supposedly they arrive at their destination much faster! Unfortunately, that also means: less goodies :(

16 comments:

Jamie said...

Hello Christine. I am in Utah, USA. I would love to do a swap with you. Check my URL and let me know if you are interested.

Teresa said...

Hi!
I'm Teresa and I'm from Canada. I'd love to swap with you! If you're interested, then please email me at canarysanctuary @ yahoo dot com.

Stine said...

Hi Canarysanctuary,
I'm currently in the middle of a couple of swaps and unfortunately I am on a budget and can't afford to start another one :(
I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Best wishes,
Christine

shikin said...

Hello! Im from Singapore. Would u be interested to do swaps? Do email me at noorashikinm@gmail.com

PhoenixFlameFeather said...

Hello,
I am Jessy, from California.
I love indian things, silks, sarees, chunis...etc,and soap!
I have LOTS of buttons that I could send to you...email me...I can look for specific things that you want from CA as well
Phoenixflamefeather@yahoo.com

rachelle said...

hello i'm rachelle from singapore. i'm very into european countries and am looking forward to some swaps. if you're interested do drop me a mail (:
rachelle_778@hotmail.com
bittersweethappiness-.blogspot.com

A Stitch In Time said...

Hi
Im from the USA i can trade for some of what your wanting.If your interested see my list at
http://stitcheryintime.blogspot.com/

You can contact me at

maerelladonna@yahoo.com

Natasha said...

Hi, im from Singapore and would love to swap things with you. I come from a multi-racial country so there are so many types of food i could send to you! let me know if you're interested, mail me at incestbites@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon :)

Niol said...

Hello! My name is Sally & I'm from the US. I'd like to swap with you, so if you're interested, please email me at nii0l@yahoo.com. I'd love to own a little piece of Germany & I'm a bit of a craft person, myself. Hope to talk with you soon.

RED majexty said...

Hallo! I'm the gazzillionth person from singapore! I can swap many japanese things especially craft books :) And vcds from Japan with english subtitles. And all sorts of craft stuff!
You can email me at perperks@gmail.com :)

Unknown said...

greetings from los angeles!
i'm a 27 year old crafter .. and i have tons of cute craft supplies i can swap with you. as well as magazines too :)
here's my blog link with my list:
http://mellemusic.wordpress.com/2007/04/11/gimme-your-stuff-via-los-angeles/

hope to hear from you!

- melissa

orange said...

Hi!!
I'm from India and like the idea of swapping things as much as you do!So let me know if Ur interested my email is sun_screams@yahoo.com

Miss.Kendra said...

Would you like to swap with a girl from california!? i love sending colorful packages full of neat things. Im a shopoholic!

kendraakay@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

whi dn't you reply to my mail?

JACQUELINE said...

Hi! I would love to swap with you i am from scotland and i am doing a higher in german :) if you are intrested please email me at jellybeans-r-yummy@hotmail.co.uk .

jacqueline xxx

Stine said...

Hello there,
I am not doing any swaps at the moment because I'm on a very tight budget - sorry, girls!
Best,
Christine